The contemporary section of the museum does not have its own collection and displays temporary exhibitions of works by Italian and international artists.
The following exhibitions were performed under the direction of Eccher: O Luna Tu… Il notturno come spazio della fantasia, 2005; Ai confini della realtà. Arte, scienza e tecnologia, 2006; C’era una volta un re. La fiaba contemporanea, 2006/2007; La città che sale. We try to build the future, 2007; Les fleurs du mal, 2007/2008; ITALIA ITALIE ITALIEN ITALY WŁOCHY 2008; I paesaggi e la natura dell’arte, 2009; Artifici contemporanei e difformità barocche, 2009/2010.
With the artistic direction of Crete the attention has been shifted to what happens in Campania and to the masters of the fifties and sixties, with the following exhibitions: In-Generazione, 2012/13, dedicated to Salvatore Paladino; Ombre, dedicated to Armando De Stefano, 2014; Verso l’Oltre, dedicted to Mario Persico, 2015; and to the masters of the eighties and nineties, always in Campania, with the exhibition Il Tempio dei segni by Angelo Casciello, 2013; Dentro e Fuori la pelle by Biasiucci, Fermariello, Longobardi, Perino e Vele, Tatafiore, 2014; Enzo Esposito, 2015; Omaggio a Massimo Rao, 2016; Ondaperpetua by Ugo Levita, 2017; Materiche geometrie by Mario Lanzione, 2018.
Under the direction of Creta, after a five-year period of stasis, due to the absence of a territorial debate today, in addition to being a museum of contemporary art nationally recognised, ARCOS manages to implement a cultural policy that pays attention to the reconstruction of the most significant routes and paths of the artistic experiences in Campania.
Download the Brochure
SINGLE – valid for two days, it allows access to the Museo del Sannio, the Cloister of the Church of Santa Sofia, Palazzo Casiello, the Egyptian section and to the Museo dell’Arco di Traiano.
- FULL € 6,00
- REDUCED € 4,00 –all residents in Benevento and its province; groups of at least 20 people; over 65 years; Italian and foreign students of every order and degree in possession of a valid document; International Student Card holders; Italian Touring Club members; CTS members; members of the “Associazione Amici del Museo”
- FREE ENTRY – disabled; educators and teachers accompanying schoolchildren; journalists; tourist guides; servicemen; local administrators; guests and employees of the Province; members of the Ministry of Cultural Heritage and Activities and members of museums belonging to local entities in possession of a regular card of recognition.
ARCOS ONLY ADMISSION
HOW TO REACH THE MUSEUM
- Telephone: CUP (booking centre) 0824 312465 – 345 754298
- Opening hours: Tuesday – Sunday from 9:00 to 19:00 – closed on Mondays
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: Corso Garibaldi 1, 82100 Benevento (Government building)